Monday, June 16, 2008

Some idle ruminations...

1) I saw The Happening Friday night. I think it’s time for M. Night Shyamalanamanalamayalan to hang up his writer/director hat for a few years.

2) Based on my casual observations, there are many people who can’t fathom McDonalds’ “Breakfast Only Until 10:30am” policy.

3) An introductory economics course should be mandatory for all students entering Grade 9, with a follow-up comparative economic systems class as a graduation requirement.

4) I know it’s impolite, but I take great pleasure in pointing and laughing at people in SUVs as I pass them on the highway in my Corolla.

5) According to a Chicago jury, my preconceived notion that R. Kelly is a pedophile is unfounded. By the way, has he endorsed Obama yet?

6) I concur with most of the planet: Coldplay’s Chris Martin is officially a douchebag.

7) My Costco membership is worth it for the free tapas alone.

8) What ever happened to Boz Scaggs?

9) People should really listen to Reid Bryson. Seriously.

10) What exactly is the appeal of the Dirty Sanchez? Do I dare ask?

11) I’m amazed that more people with terminal illnesses don’t commit murder. If you were told you had 3 months to live, wouldn’t you be compelled to take out some prick you hated with a passion?

12) My grandmother is ambidextrous. I think that’s neat.

4 Comments:

At 6/17/2008 1:38 PM, Anonymous Eddie said...

Number 4 is hilarious. I drive a 2000 Saturn E Series, and my colleagues at work can't fathom that I regularly get 36-37MPG, and they don't even drive gas guzzling SUV's!

The reason I bought my Saturn? Gas prices had jumped to a record $1.50 per gallon in 2000 and I feared they would not be going down in the future. I am not saying I am brilliant, but I would have never predicted the $4 self inflicated (it's illegal to drill here) mess we are seeing today. Hopefully though, some good will come out of it, such as pressure on Congress to lift drilling bans, though I am not holding my breath.

 
At 6/18/2008 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you may want to as the question why your Grandmother can write with both hands-hmmm-when she was in gradeschool the nuns believed a left handed person was the sign of the devil, so she was beat into using her right hand-Nice godly gesture -huh-but it should be noted there of her children nine are left handed -and in the family of one of her daughters -3 out of 5 are lefthanded- the devil is at the door!!

 
At 9/23/2008 9:38 AM, Blogger azgopbabeval said...

LOL! I always enjoy your "thoughts" of the moment.
and I concur w/costco's free tapas.
HOORAY!!!
PS-I love MY BIG SUV. And I dont care about the gas prices. Its nice to be high up (in my Republican Ivory tower, knowing that I am contributing to the end of the world)

 
At 10/06/2008 12:19 PM, Anonymous Eddie said...

Anything new since June?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home