Saturday, May 17, 2008

Allow me to introduce Richard Doucet.

Richard and I went to junior high and high school together, though he was a couple of years ahead of me. He was considered something of a phenom back then. An excellent student and a precociously gifted orator, Richard led our high school debating team to their first provincial championship. He also won numerous national and international accolades for debating and public speaking. He was elected President of the Student Council and was named Student of the Year. By all accounts, he was a bonafide rising star who was well-liked by both his teachers and peers for the most part (I thought he was a sanctimonious prick, but I digress…).

After he graduated, some of my friends and I found it strange that he chose to pursue an education degree, rather than follow another path befitting his enormous talents, like law school and a sure fast-track to Parliament. In retrospect, perhaps his choice of profession arose from sinister motives. You see, Richard, who teaches elementary grades at an exclusive Montreal private school, was arrested in Fredericksburg, Virginia last week after soliciting sex over the Internet from a cop posing as a 13 year old boy. Now he’s facing a 20 year jail sentence and some serious anal raping if convicted.

I’m not one who shocks easily, but this news was a real stunner. Granted, I didn’t know Richard all that well; it’s been nearly two decades since I last spoke to him, so I wasn’t privy to any signs of his “alleged” perversions if there were any to be detected. The point is we don’t really know who the surreptitious pedophiles are walking among us. I certainly never would have pegged Richard for someone with a penchant for pre-pubescent t-bagging.

This guy, on the other hand, I would have spotted from a mile away.

5 Comments:

At 5/21/2008 6:38 PM, Blogger gojoe150 said...

Stunning indeed. Just a few weeks ago he was enjoying the afluent life in Montreal. In a about a year's time, he's going to be getting pile drived up the cornhole for an extra peice of corn bread

 
At 5/29/2008 2:42 PM, Anonymous Eddie said...

I disagree, your classmate looks like just as much of an obvious perv as the man in the picture below.

 
At 5/29/2008 4:29 PM, Blogger Ace said...

Fair enough.

 
At 5/24/2009 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to High School with Richard as well and I am completely stunned. We have our 20th reunion this summer and he would have been the one of our classmates I would have been really been impressed by his CV - like you said, lawyer or politician?!!? Pedophile was not AT all one of those options.

 
At 5/24/2009 8:53 AM, Blogger Ace said...

It's a real shame. Last I heard, he was facing over 1100 years in prison.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home