Thursday, April 27, 2006

It's been a tiring couple of weeks...

After hosting a house full of relatives, road-tripping all over Northern Arizona, and making my 15th trip to Vegas, I came down with a pretty bad flu that's been a real bitch to shake. To top it all off, I received a call Monday afternoon from those people I interviewed with a month ago, asking if I'd still be interested in coming aboard, and at a senior level to boot. That threw me for a loop; I didn't think the interview went all that well, and since they said they were looking to make a decision within a week, I wrote them off entirely. Apparently, there's a critical shortage of skilled Oracle developers in the Phoenix area, hence the offer. We're currently negotiating terms, and it will probably be official before the day is out.

I can just imagine the conniption my boss and my clients are going to have after I tell them I'm leaving, considering that I'm about as close to a veritable indispensable employee as you can get. Oh well...

3 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger BACdanielle said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. Go Ace!!

 
At 4/28/2006 8:45 AM, Blogger BACdanielle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4/28/2006 8:45 AM, Blogger BACdanielle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home