Wednesday, October 19, 2005

No, I'm not dead...

I moved into my new house last weekend, but the utility company botched my telephone, cable, and high-speed internet installation, leaving me without net access until late last night. Other than that the move was uneventful.

Small world...one of my movers was once married to a woman from Bathurst, New Brunswick. Proving that back home the name of the game is really Two Degrees of Separation rather than the standard six, my mother confirmed that she knew the mover's ex-wife's cousin. Back in the early '80s, the cousin was having an affair with my Uncle Ralph. She was in her 30's and Ralph was in high school. I remember her distinctly because I recall wondering at the time why Ralph's prom date was so much older than him.

Like I said, small world.

2 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 8:13 AM, Blogger BACdanielle said...

Ace, that is hysterical!

 
At 10/24/2005 8:41 AM, Blogger Eddie said...

Ace, I grew up in a metro area of 1.6 million people. However, I still can't seem to get away from constantly seeing people I know or people knowing who I know. So, it's very contagious. My girlfriend's "new" friend from her work is a girl I have known and have been out of touch with for 12 years and she didn't meet her through me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home