Friday, September 30, 2005

US Gun Control advocates have come up with a novel way to pressure lawmakers to scale back the 2nd Amendment: attempt to cripple the tourism industry by running ads in European newspapers warning people that they may get shot if they visit America.

I figure it’s only a matter of time before the nascent British “Knife Control” movement catches on to this latest innovation in fanatical fear-mongering. I can just picture the full page USA Today ads now:

Visit Jolly Ole England for a Jolly Good Stabbing!

2 Comments:

At 9/30/2005 12:37 PM, Blogger Eddie said...

I have been shot so many times while vacationing here in the states that would think I'm a rapper.

I have heard many celebrities (if you can believe that) say that they feel safer in NYC than they do in London.

 
At 9/30/2005 1:43 PM, Blogger Ace said...

I believe it. The Brits have a very bad recreational stabbing problem on their hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home