Tuesday, September 06, 2005

House Sale Update...

We've accepted an offer: $305,900, close of escrow October 5th.

The price is right, but the tight escrow date is going to be a challenge. As of now, I still have not been notified by the builder of my new home as to when it will be ready for us to move in. All I've been told is that it will likely be any time during the first few weeks of October, and that a definitive date will be set any day now. Should it be after October 5th, I'll be forced to but our belongings into storage and bunk up with the in-laws for a while. Ugh!

On top of all that flux, I also get to worry about the inspection report. I know there are a couple of glaring issues with the house, namely the roof, which is in desperate need of a repair job (I have a quote from a reputable roofer of $3,000), and the termite damage, which is minor but still evident to a trained eye (thankfully, the critters have been completely eradicated with Termidor treatment). If the buyer signs off on the inspection report without rescinding the offer or requesting repair contingencies, I'm in the clear.

Update to the Latest Update...

My home builder called this morning to tell us we get the keys to the new house on October 10th.

Everything is coming together nicely. Does anyone know a good moving & storage company?

5 Comments:

At 9/07/2005 8:20 AM, Blogger BACdanielle said...

Congratulations on the offer! I hope everything goes through. You and the wife are welcome to stay with me for a while if you want. I'd love to host you!
DC

 
At 9/07/2005 8:25 AM, Blogger Ace said...

Are you joking? Do you know what kind of damage I can do to a bathroom after a large meal?

 
At 9/07/2005 10:44 AM, Blogger Kel Kel said...

Congrats! Hope everything goes smoothly.

 
At 9/08/2005 8:21 AM, Blogger BACdanielle said...

ok -- nevermind. ;^)

 
At 9/12/2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Eddie said...

I don't know a good home builder, but I have heard that real estate in New Orleans is a bargain. J/K.

Congrats, that is a rather LARGE offer on your house. Good decision making, responsibility, hard work, and self reliance have done you well in your life. You have a lot to be proud of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home