Wednesday, August 31, 2005

House Sale Update...

After offering my house as an exclusive listing for the past month, I've decided to put it on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS™). We had about 30 buyers view the home over the past several weeks. Despite resoundingly positive and complimentary reviews of the house, we had only one interested buyer: the acupuncturist/herbal doctor, who employs bizarre negotiating techniques. (What sort of retard submits a counteroffer that’s less than their original offer? I’m beginning to question the validity of his “doctorate” in herbal medicine.) Now that the house is MLS™ listed, we should see a big jump in buyer traffic, and hopefully more committed “buyers”, rather than curious “browsers”.

The new price? A whopping $310,000. Although we don’t expect to get that, we had to bump up the price to compensate for the 3% broker commission you pay for the privilege of having an MLS™ listing. Plus, I was encouraged to go on the high side after a crazy person four doors down from me put their house on the market Monday morning for $350,000. It’s a nice place, and they’ve put a lot of work into it, but $350K? For a home that’s over 200 square feet smaller than mine? That figure is so far above the standard for my neighborhood, it’s ridiculous. However, from a purely strategic angle, pricing my place at $310,000 makes it look like a screamin’ bargain by comparison. Honestly, (I hope nobody in the Phoenix real estate market is reading this) I would be very happy to be offered $295K.

1 Comments:

At 8/31/2005 3:21 PM, Blogger Eddie said...

Glad to see your house sale seems to be going well.

I am all too familiar with the "heartless bastard" connotation. Lefties hate it when I delete their comments, but they have said some of the most out there stuff, "what about the 4 billion dollar machine?" Bush stole the election... I am just not patient enough to put up with it. Good day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home