Saturday, August 06, 2005

4 bedroom, 2 bath charmer near the Squaw Peak Hwy and Paradise Valley Mall for only $285,000!

My house has been on the market for less than a week and we’ve already received the first offer. Some acupuncturist/herbal remedy doctor offered to pay our full list price, but he wants kickbacks for some closing costs and contingencies for any repairs that his inspector may turn up. In this hot market, that sort of thing is passe. We’ll be rejecting the offer.

Aside from the pin doctor, several others have seen the house. When our broker called us this morning to say he scheduled an East Indian couple to view our home at 10am, I told my wife, “Quick, light the curry scented candles!” She thought I was being racist, I thought I was simply being pragmatic. Go figure.

7 Comments:

At 8/06/2005 2:50 PM, Blogger Kel Kel said...

wow, nice house. Beat's the little townhouse my boyfriend just bought in GA!

 
At 8/06/2005 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. Time waits for no one.

Post to mine strawberry cheesecake recipe if you wish.

 
At 8/06/2005 9:39 PM, Blogger Ace said...

You should have seen it before we prettied it up, Kel. Installed that Pergo floor myself. I'll never, ever do it again. Definitely not as easy as they make it out to be.

 
At 8/08/2005 10:55 AM, Anonymous shane said...

i'm scared of clowns

 
At 8/08/2005 11:48 AM, Blogger Ace said...

That's a terrible affliction.

 
At 8/15/2005 4:54 PM, Blogger Toronto Tory said...

Looks like a nice house.

 
At 8/15/2005 5:21 PM, Blogger Ace said...

It is, but the new one makes this house look like a complete dump. Through a stroke of serendipitous timing, we'll end up paying less for the new house than what this one is worth. Yahoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home