Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Just a posting I left over at the Polipundit blog:
I've always been flummoxed by the left's inability to conceive of one being both gay and Republican. A person's sexual orientation, or anything else for that matter, does not constitute the entirety of one's identity, unless they choose to make it so, of course. Some gays actually choose not to see every aspect of their lives through the prism of their homosexuality.

When I discuss this issue with my liberal friends I usually ask, "how is it possible for a staunch Catholic to be a Democrat when the party's pro-abortion stance directly contradicts their faith?" I've yet to receive a satisfactory answer as to how this scenario is any different than the so-called gay/Republican oxymoron.

Then again, maybe I should just stay mum on this one. As my liberal sister-in-law would say, "you're not gay, so you have no right to voice an opinion on this issue." Substitute “gay” with “black” in that reply, and you’ve got the same argument I heard during an affirmative action debate. Ugh, the idiocy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home