Friday, June 27, 2003

The Supreme Court signs off this session with a dubious decision, siding with the University of Michigan in allowing admission policies that judge an applicant's skin color. As expected, it was a contentious split decision, 5-4 with Justice O'Connor leaning with the liberal wing of the bench. I think this is one call she'll reflect upon ruefully in retirement.

Here's a quote from Democratic Congressman Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island, speaking before a group of young liberal acolytes in Washington. I think it sums up the arrogance and callousness of wealthy liberals who don't understand that tax cuts are actually beneficial to the poor and downtrodden they claim to care sooooo much about:
"I don't need Bush's tax cut. I have never worked a fucking day in my life."


Charming, Pat. Charming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home